PROCESS OF IDENTITY RECOVERY

 




Hello and welcome to my blog. Lastweek, I started with the series on IDENTITY RECOVERY JOURNEY and today I will be going further to talk on the process of identity recovery. 


There is a process to something's,there is a way to go about something's that will yield result and that's what I will dwelling on today. Have you been in the circle of a lost identity or a confused identity,then it's about time you read on to know how you can become aware of who you are. 


First thing I would like to say is you need to be aware that you have lost your identity or you are confused about it. If you don't know that you have lost it,then there is little or nothing that can be done. You need to come to the realization that you have actually lost your identity,that you don't know who you are, seeing the story of the prodigal son(Luke 15:11-32), you can see how that he came to the realization that he had missed it, and this isn't who he should be , he became aware and that spurred him into action. 


You need to know that you have missed it and you are living a lesser life ,that way you tend to want to get help and treat as urgent.


I could remember then, few years back, one day I just realized I shouldn't be involving myself in what I was doing, and that I could be better ,so I knew I had to do something which led me to speaking to a sister at NCCF( Nigeria Christian Corpers Fellowship) family house and that was the beginning of my recovery. And today when I look back I am grateful that there was an awareness and which resulted into complete freedom in Christ and living out God's intent for my life.


Do you want to recover? Then you need to accept and become aware that you are living a lesser life and that you need help.


Another thing that you need to do is to speak out,talk to God about it. Be sincere with him and tell him you need help. And most times, He directs you to speak to someone,in that that person through the help of God,takes you by hand and help you through it.


But note,that does not take out the deliberate effort to get closer to God, the more you get closer to him,the more he reveals more of who you are to you. The more aware you become and before you know it ,you begin to live it out. It is hardwork, you have to be determined and intentional about all of this. Study God's word,give yourself to prayer.


You also need to give in to yielding. There are some instructions you would receive and you need to obey. It might be hard but you have to obey, it's for a purpose. I could remember then that to move on and get clearer revelation of who i am,I had to break off from some relationships. It was hard, but I did anyways. It was an instruction I needed to yield to and I did. 


Yield yourself to God and his instructions. 


You also need to continually speak Gods word over your life. Confess with your mouth. Just like I gave you some Bible verses to meditate on last week, you need to confess those words ,speak it out as much as possible, use the word of God to conquer any doubt in your heart, use God's word to cancel the lies of the devil. Use God's word, don't just know it, speak it out,speak it to yourself.


And finally you need to surrender your self to God, you can't recognize who you truly are by yourself, God need to show you and help you through it, throw yourself to him,just like the prodigal son did, he went back to his father ,to his rightful place , throw yourself at God.


Let him help you, He can. You can live a fulfilled and purposeful life if only you surrender all to God. He only defines you,he knows you,let him take you through. Don't live a lesser life, don't, you are made for more. 


Are you ready to recover? Then please say this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I come before you today. I know that I  am made for more,  I know that I dont have to live a lesser life ,Lord help me, help me to discover and rediscover my identity. From today, I know who I am and I live it out. I surrender to you. In Jesus name I have prayed. Amen.


If you said that prayer, kindly send me a message on: pottertalks1@gmail.com or you can send me a DM on Instagram : @tolulope_tade


Thank you for reading and I hope you are blessed, kindly use the comment section to share with me some few things you learnt.


See you in my next post๐Ÿค

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO MAINTAIN A GODLY RELATIONSHIP

MY FREEDOM/RECOVERY PROCESS

GOD IS NOT MAD AT YOU