HOW TO MAINTAIN A GODLY RELATIONSHIP
Hey there!
It's good to have you drop by again 😊. Still on the series of godly relationship, I will be talking about God's stands as regards to relationship and how to keep up with it.
It's God's will that you maintain sexual purity, that is, to Stay away from sexual sins(I Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 13:4)
And so you are not expected to get yourselves involved in it. We then need to become intentional about it, set boundaries and trust God to help.
Godly relationship is possible and feasible because God instructs it and it is his will. If it wasn't possible,he wouldn't have told us.
But then you might have a question in your heart; I have already involved myself in it and I don't think I control and stop again 🤔
Allow me to burst your bubble,do you know this lady writing this piece was once involved sexually in all of her relationship,but now, it's being over two years that I last involved myself in sexual involvement.
Am I in a relationship currently? Yes I am, am I involved sexually just because of my history,no I am not. What changed? I got in contact to the truth of God's word which set me free. Glory
So yes, for the fact that you have being involved before now doesn't mean you can't stop and start doing God's will in your relationship. You can and today is the day. Are you reading this and you are struggling with sexual sins, please I do not want you to be shy about it, kindly send me a message now.
It is God's will for you not to struggle, so he is here to help you. God can help you overcome those struggles, please come to him,allow him help you. I will be waiting for your messages.
And to wrap on the gist of today, I will be teaching some step by step ways to sustain a godly relationship.
HOW TO SUSTAIN AND MAINTAIN A GODLY RELATIONSHIP
➡️ Pray for and with each other
This not only strengthen you but keeps you both on the same page with God. This draws you closer to God and yourselves.
➡️ Have an accountability partner outside of the relationship
It is wisdom to do this because you don't want to throw caution to the wind, so it is quite important to have an accountability partner talking about mentors, parents, pastors, friends ,etc.
➡️ Make boundaries a basic
You have to know that being in a relationship should be purposeful. Make your boundaries known right from the beginning, don't put yourself in a difficult situation and do not underestimate the power of temptation.
Remember that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak( Matthew 24:6)
Set boundaries that are biblically based and designed to honor God.
Have you learnt something today?
Kindly drop one thing that blessed you in the comments. And if you would like to engage with me on Instagram, I am always available www.instagram.com/tolulope_tade
Thank you for reading through, see you in my next post 💛🤍

Comments
Post a Comment